Fire burns down NGO center-A A +A
Friday, June 6, 2014
A FIRE razed the building of the Pangalaran Environment and Livelihood Association (Pela), a non-government organization, and destoryed at least P200,000 worth of properties Wednesday, the police reported.
The Zamboanga del Sur Police Office said the incident happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday at Purok Pagatpat in the village of Malim, Tabina municipality.
Investigation showed the fire started when Nella Bucol, wife of Pela president Antiqio, placed a lighted candle near a container of gasoline.
The police said no one was injured during the incident. (Bong Garcia)