Our exemplary cops-A A +A
Monday, September 1, 2014
POLICE Officer 3 Comet Dimla Dumagueng joined the Philippine National Police 7 years ago. A teacher by training, PO3 Dumagueng understands the critical role that education plays in providing better life opportunities for our citizenry.
While heading the Police Community Relations Desk in Sta. Rita, Pampanga, PO3 Dumagueng raised and distributed school supplies for indigent grade schoolers, provided education and skills training for persons with disabilities, acted as regular resource person in school symposia on safety and security and anti-drug abuse.
All these she performed over and above her daily duties of helping plan the local anti-criminality action plan, maintaining a text hotline to help eradicate illegal drugs. For these and other meritorious service, PO3 Dumagueng was chosen one of this year’s ten Country’s Outstanding Police Officers in Service (COPS).
COPS is a yearly undertaking sponsored by the Metrobank Foundation (headed by Chito Sobrepena), in collaboration with PS Bank, The Philippine National Police and Rotary Club of New Manila East. This year’s final board of judges was headed by Senator Grace Poe.
Other COPS awardees this year are:
1. Police Senior Superintendent Cedrick Gayona Train, Deputy Regional Director for Administration, Police Regional Office 8 in Palo, Leyte.
2. Police Senior Superintendent Rodelio Balza Jocson, Provincial Director, Maguindanao Police Provincial Office, Armm
3. Police Chief Inspector Byron Filog Allatog, Chief of Police, La Trinidad Municipal Police Station, La Trinidad, Benguet
4. Police Chief Inspector Reynald Estrada Arino, Acting Commanding Officer, 5th Special Action Force, Zamboanga City
5. Police Officer 3 Michael Dalisay Pontoy, Awards and Decorations PNCO, Aklan Provincial Police, Kalibo, Aklan
6. Senior Police Officer 1 Reynaldo Granada Solante, Team Leader Special Operation Team, Provincial Intelligence Branch, Cebu Provincial Police, Cebu City
7. Police Officer 2 Arshear Usman Ismael, Counter Intelligence PNCO, Regional Public Safety Battalion 9, Zamboanga City
8. Police Officer 3 Alexander Baradillo Fazon, Jr., Explosive Ordinance Division Technician/Criminal/Post Blast Investigation/Pre Charge Evaluator, Regional Investigation and Detective Management Division, Police Regional Office 13, Butuan City, and
9. Senior Police Officer 1 Rey Hinautan Sarcon, Action PNCO, Office of the Regional Office 3, San Fernando City, Pampanga.
These year’s COPs have their remarkable individual achievements in one or more of these fields: anti-organized crime, anti-drugs, anti-human trafficking, anti-smuggling, anti-terrorism, anti-carnapping, anti-kidnapping, intelligence and administrative work.
But what make them really outstanding are their competence, dedication, character and the desire and ability to go the extra mile, to reach out to the communities which they serve.
For all these, our COPS truly deserve our respect and admiration.
For feedback, email us at email@example.com.