ABS-CBN: Maricel Soriano is out of Gerald Anderson upcoming series-A A +A
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
DIAMOND Star Maricel Soriano will no longer be part of the upcoming ABS-CBN channel 2 series "Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin," the network said.
In a statement released by the network, it said that the program will still push through and actor Gerald Anderson will still be part of the show.
ABS-CBN management and the ones handling Maricel's show biz career decided to pull out the actress from the series, it added.
"Due to the unfortunate incident between Gerald Anderson and Maricel Soriano on the first taping day of 'Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin,' ABS-CBN management and the management of Maricel Soriano have agreed that Maricel will no longer be part of the cast," the statement said.
"The teleserye starring Gerald Anderson will proceed as scheduled," it added.
The "unfortunate incident" stated in the official release of the station could be linked to rumors spreading that Maricel shouted at Gerald for his supposed bad acting.
Reports said that Maricel was irked by the actor's performance and walked out from their taping because of frustration. Gerald and Maricel had already talked, reports added.
Star Magic, the talent arm of ABS-CBN and the one who manages Gerald's career, supported the actor in the latest controversy.
Star Magic said they have the "utmost confidence not only in Gerald Anderson's exceptional ability as an actor, but also in his unassailable personal character and professional behavior."
The statement added: "The incidents that led to the removal of Maricel from Gerald's latest telenovela were not provoked or instigated by Gerald in any manner.
The network has not released a name of the actor that will replace Maricel in the project. (Sunnex)