P140,000 ‘shabu’ seized in raid; ex-cop charged

-A A +A

Thursday, February 26, 2015


POLICE operatives raided the house of a suspected drug pusher early Wednesday in Barangay Lower Camanjac, Dumaguete City and seized a large volume of suspected methamphetamine hydrochloride or "shabu."

The suspect was identified as David James Pis-an, 31, married and a resident of Purok Mahinabangon, Lower Camanjac in Dumaguete City.

Police personnel from the Provincial Intelligence Bureau/Special Operations Group, led by Senior Inspector Jul Mohammad Jamiri, and the Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group (PAIDSOTG) led by Senior Inspector Roderick Poblete, and in coordination with the Dumaguete City police station swooped down on the suspect’s house at 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Advertisement

In the course of the search, the police confiscated 14 pieces of heat-sealed transparent plastic sachets containing crystalline substance believed to be shabu, improvised tooters, lighters and cash amounting to P3,050 believed to be proceeds from sales of the illegal drug, a police report said.

The raid was carried out by virtue of a search warrant issued by Negros Oriental Executive Judge Gerardo A Paguio Jr. of the Regional Trial Court dated February 18, 2015.

The suspected shabu has an aggregate estimated value of P140,000 based on the pricing of the Dangerous Drugs Board.

Pis-an is now behind bars as proper charges are being readied against him.

The police in Negros Oriental have arrested a number of suspected drug pushers in the past days, including an ex-policeman who was on Awol (absence without official leave) and who is now facing several charges for illegal possession of “shabu,” illegal possession of a firearm and usurpation of authority.

Former Police Officer 1 Rommel Darvin Comcom, a resident of Barangay 1 in Ilaya, Tanjay City, Negros Oriental, was arrested Monday after he allegedly delivered some P70,000 worth of shabu to a PAIDSOTG undercover agent.

Philippine National Police OIC Provincial Director Mariano Natuel Jr. said Comcom was dismissed from service last year after he went on Awol apparently to evade the random drug testing of policemen.

Natuel said he also ordered the ballistics testing of a caliber .45 handgun seized from Comcom to determine his possible involvement in the series of shooting incidents in Dumaguete City.

Comcom will be facing charges of illegal possession and selling of shabu, illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition and usurpation of authority for allegedly using his police badge even after he was already dismissed from the organization, said Natuel. (PNA)

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!