P1M up for info on racer’s killers-A A +A
Thursday, July 24, 2014
DAVAO City Mayor Rodrigo R. Duterte offered Wednesday a P1-million reward to anyone who can give information and lead to the arrest of the killers of a race car driver in Quezon City last month.
The race car driver was identified as Ferdinand "Enzo" Pastor, 32, of Manila, who was gunned down in Quezon City last June 12. Pastor was shot dead by a masked gunman at the corner of Visayas Avenue and Congressional Avenue, Quezon City while driving a truck carrying his race car.
He was en route to Clark International Speedway for the final leg of the Asian V8 Championships.
Pastor was the first Filipino to be invited by the Formula One Team Minardi as Test Car Driver and landed in the top six overall in the Euro NASCAR Championships in 2013.
Before his death, Pastor had a standing invitation to join the prestigious NASCAR K&N Pro Series in the USA.
Pastor was a personal friend of Duterte and the mayor had been following the achievements of the young race car driver ever since he won the Asian Formula Renault in 2002.
Duterte said the delay in the progress of the case prompted him to offer reward money. He said he will get the money from the P5M reward, which was earlier offered to anyone who can give him the head of carnapping syndicate suspect Ryan “Baktin” Yu.
He assured that any information about Pastor's case will be treated with confidentiality.
"I am giving the assurance to the public that it will be given ultra secrecy. I will handle it personally," Duterte said during a hastily called press conference held at the Seda Hotel Wednesday afternoon.
He said the award is offered nationwide as he is certain that the suspects are not from Davao City. Once an informant appears, he said he will immediately refer it to the authorities for proper investigation.
Those who have information can text 0917-476-8549 or email email@example.com.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on July 24, 2014.