Vertical Hitch-A A +A
Thursday, June 19, 2014
BREATHS were held as each courageous wall climber conquered the 24 feet, L-shaped wall last June 1 for the finals of Mountain Hardwear's Vertical Hitch wall climbing competition.
Mountain Hardwear brought together experienced athletes to best each other’s time and skills on the wall. Distinguished outdoor groups such as Maramag’s Mindanao Climbing Society, Edge Outdoor, Paradive DOTA, REM, and Xcape Idiots sent out their representatives to compete.
There were two categories = the Speed Climb and the Route Course. Speed Climb is the race for the fastest climber while Route Course is a race to who can go the farthest distance with very limited holds.
Congratulations to all the winners of each division and to all who participated.
Speed Climb for Men's Division
1. Champion - John Jay Laurente (with time of 11.66 seconds)
2. 1st Runner Up - Joey Codilla (with time of 12.64 seconds)
3. 2nd Runner Up- Lando Martinez ( with time of 12.72 seconds)
Speed Climb for Women's Division
1. Champion- Leslie Herrero (with time of 17.19 seconds)
2. 1st Runner Up- Clarice Jane Calolot (with time of 31.32 seconds)
3. 2nd Runne Up- Rapha Angela Cara Suzara (with time of 32.35 seconds)
Route Course Climb (Difficulty round) for Men's Division
1. Champion - EdzelSumagaysay
2. 1st Runner Up - Lando Martinez
3. 2nd Runner Up - Neil Laude
Route Course Climb (Difficulty Round) for Women's Division
1. Champion - Leslie Herrero
2. 1st Runner Up - Karina Gambito
3. 2nd Runner Up - Rapha Angela Cara Suzara
The event was sponsors who made Vertical Hitch possible: SM Lanang Premiere, Rexona, Purefoods Star Corned Beef, Ciudades, DEGEE Sounds & lights, Landscape Photographers of Davao, Mr. Edwin Ortiz & Family and Ma’am MarizaJamahlul. Photo credits to Ray Villamor, RazzelDolorito, Mae Sanchez and WengRacho.
Published in the Sun.Star Davao newspaper on June 19, 2014.