CCSC’s Guinness attempt moved to April-A A +A
Friday, February 21, 2014
CEBU City Sports Commission’s (CCSC) attempt to once more get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest archery tournament gets another boost following the interest shown by other cities and municipalities that include Metro Manila.
And because of its expanded coverage, CCSC Chairman Edward Hayco said they are now changing the date of the grand finals on April 12 and 13.
“Guinness archery expands coverage as several Cebu municipalities like Alcantara, Badian, Moalboal, Badian, Lilo-an among others as well as Mandaue City, Dumaguete City and Manila have signified interest to join the event. The archer and organizer, Architect Dondon (Sombrio) had already sent several proudly Cebu-made PVC bows to all the places mentioned,” Hayco announced.
Because of the new development, CCSC and its partners DepEd Cebu City and the Cebu Archery Club have decided to move the finals to give its new partners more time to organize and do their local elimination round.
In line with this, Hayco also announced that they have already formed a team of officials, who will supervise the elimination rounds of the 100 public schools in the
And because of the high cost of manufactured target butts Sombrio had designed target butts out of boxes that could be utilized for the elimination and the grand finals.
“Because of the high cost of target butts, Dondon has ingeniously designed a carton box for target butts and we’ll send four to each school. We will also utilize the carton butts for the finals. Maybe we can lineup 50 along the wide field of the sports center,” Hayco said.
The Cebu City elimination resumed last Tuesday in the Mambaling Elementary School.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on February 22, 2014.