Lover denies killing Korean partner, folks-A A +A
Sunday, May 25, 2014
CEBU - Kim Se Wong denied killing his live-in partner and the latter’s parents.
The 36-year-old Korean businessman, who is detained at the Lapu-Lapu City Police Office (LLCPO), said he woke up at 5 a.m. last Thursday to find the victims lying lifeless on the floor of the Han Ga Wi restaurant in Barangay Maribago, where they also lived.
Police investigators tagged him as the suspect based on the account of the restaurant’s security guard who narrated in a logbook that Kim and his live-in partner, Youngmi An, quarreled past 2 a.m. last Thursday.
Speaking to reporters Sunday, Kim said he slept at 1 a.m. that night after having a drink with Youngmi and a friend.
From his room in the restaurant’s attic, Kim said he went downstairs around 5 a.m. and found Youngmi and her parents lying on the floor with stab wounds.
Grieving, he returned to his room, drank alcohol and attempted suicide by slashing his wrists several times.
He told reporters he hadn’t thought of calling for help because he was in shock. “Masakit (It hurts),” Kim, who knew a little Cebuano and Tagalog, said while putting his hand on his chest.
He said he and Youngmi had been living together for four years but they were not married, contrary to earlier reports. They have lived in Lapu-Lapu for one-and-a-half year.
The police are set to file multiple homicide charges against Kim today at the Lapu-Lapu City Prosecutor’s Office.
The crime was discovered past 5 p.m. when a Korean friend of Youngmi went to the restaurant, located in Sitio Bagumbayan Dos.
She asked a female security guard to open the unlocked door at the back and check the situation inside, after receiving no response to her repeated calls.
The guard called the police after seeing blood on the floor. The police found Kim in the attic with bleeding wrists and took him to the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center in Cebu City.
The bodies of Youngmi and her parents, Ho An and Kim Soonok, were cremated Sunday, said PO3 Lydo Pinos of the LLCPO Homicide Section.
The police are still waiting for the autopsy results.
Pinos said Youngmi’s brother, An Tae Joo, will visit the Homicide Section today for the filing of the complaint.
“He will stand as the complainant,” Pinos said.
Claudio Eborda Jr., the guard on duty when the crime took place, and Sharon Inting, who assumed Eborda’s post Thursday noon, were set to execute their affidavits Sunday.
The police have yet to establish the cause of the family’s quarrel. But Pinos said it could not be financial matters since their restaurant was earning well.
Investigation, though, revealed that Kim was convicted of estafa in Cebu City in 2011. A fellow Korean sued him at the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 18. The police got hold of a copy of the decision issued by RTC Branch 18 Judge Gilbert Moises. (Sun.Star Cebu)
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on May 26, 2014.