Exec hopes to hear result soon-A A +A
Thursday, February 6, 2014
MACTAN Cebu International Airport Authority General Manager Nigel Paul Villarete yesterday said he hopes that the Pre-Bidding and Awards Committee (PBAC) of the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) would come up this week with its final recommendation on the contract to privatize and upgrade the airport.
Villarete said that once PBAC submits its final report, the MCIAA Board, chaired by DOTC Undersecretary Jose Perpetuo Lotilla, will immediately schedule a board meeting to confirm it so that the winning bidder can proceed with the awarding of the
The Nov. 28, 2013 bidding for the MCIAA privatization and upgrade attracted seven bidders with the consortium of Megawide and GMR Infrastructure Ltd. of India making the highest offer of P14.404 billion.
Villarete said the DOTC was supposed to announce the winning bidder last month, but it had to conduct an investigation on the allegation made by the consortium of Filinvest and Changi Group against GMR.
Filinvest-Changi submitted the second highest bid of P13.999 billion for the MCIA project.
GMR has denied any irregularities in its other projects, pointing out that its performance and financial capability passed the pre-qualification review of the DOTC-PBAC.
Villarete said that if the original schedule was followed, the upgrading of the MCIA would have started this month.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on February 06, 2014.