All set for Sinulog-A A +A
Friday, January 17, 2014
CEBU -- The Cebu City Government has already established a command center to address emergency, traffic and peace and order problems in the city during the Sinulog 2014 celebration this weekend.
Councilor Dave Tumulak, along with the City’s Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, will man the command post in Barangay Mambaling.
A sub-command post will be established at the Cebu City Sports Center (CCSC). A communicator will be stationed at Cebu City Hall to provide updates on situations in the city.
The sub-command post at the CCSC will monitor the activity inside the grandstand.
Tumulak said the command center will dispatch vehicles if an emergency arises.
It will also address public concerns.
Tumulak said the command center started monitoring activities in the city on Thursday.
Paramedics from eight different units have been briefed and are on standby to address emergencies.
Volunteer paramedics include members from the Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation, Basak Pardo Emergency Response, Philippine Red Cross, Alert, Amru, Inayawan Rescue and the emergency response teams of Barangays Pit-os, Labangon and Sambag 1.
Some 30 ambulances from different emergency response teams and private groups will be strategically placed in the barangays in the north, south and central part of the city, including the parade route.
That way, these can immediately penetrate, respond and transport those who need medical attention.
The Cebu Medical Society will also station ambulances from private hospitals along the grand parade route.
Tumulak said major streets, including the parade route, will be monitored through the security cameras that the City had installed.
The City will also deploy fire trucks in designated clustered areas.
By this, Tumulak said fire alarms during the event will be addressed immediately.
To recall, two fires took place during last year’s grand parade. (RVC/Sun.Star Cebu)
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 17, 2014.