Easy updos for wet hair-A A +A
Thursday, July 10, 2014
IN CASE you’re running out the door just after a shower, but don’t want to leave your hair hanging loose and stringy-looking, here are some hairstyle ideas that you can do quickly on wet hair. These are ideal for those times you have someplace to be after a workout, want to leave hair off your neck for the day, or simply want to look like you made a bit of an extra effort in the morning. These will look really cute at school or less formal workplaces.
An important thing to keep in mind when styling wet hair is that you should use a wide-tooth comb and not a brush, to prevent breakage. None of these hairstyles even need elastics, because you should be as gentle as possible with wet hair. Get your bobby pins and some arm strength ready!
Low Twist Buns
I tried this on myself and it’s really easy. To get the sectioning right and have equal amounts of hair per section, it might be easier for beginners like myself to have two mirrors, front and back, so you can see what you’re doing.
• Gather hair into three sections. Twist the middle section until it coils into a bun. Pin in place.
• Simply repeat on the other two sections. If you have chin-length or shorter layers, pull out a few strands to frame your face.
If the low twist buns feel a little too young for you, try the braided bun instead.
• Do a regular three-strand braid starting at your nape.
• When you’ve reached the end of your hair, twist up into a bun.
• Pin in place. You can choose to finger-comb the top part of your hair to get a looser look, or comb it straight back if you need to look neat for work.
French Braid with Bun
Have a few extra minutes? You can always French braid or fishtail your hair, but here’s a cute alternative that won’t need an elastic.
• Create a deep side part.
• French braid until you reach your nape.
• Twist the remaining hair into a side bun below the braid, and pin in place.
You can definitely still try these styles on dried hair, but these will hold more easily with wet hair. These are just some ideas for elastic-free updos.
Another great thing about these looks is that when you undo your hair, you’ll end up with soft, pretty waves without any heat styling. Have fun trying these out!
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on July 11, 2014.