Choosing a functional school bag-A A +A
Thursday, June 5, 2014
CLASSES are in full swing, and if you haven’t chosen a good school bag yet, it’s high time to get a new one.
You can always go for the fully functional and sturdy backpack, but as most colegialas prefer, a nice bag that can work well for school and even for the weekend is a must-have.
Here are some tips for what to look for in a bag that will last you all semester, and, if you take care of it, the rest of the year.
• It should be big enough to fit most of your books. While you can carry heavier ones in your arms to avoid hurting your back and shoulders, slimmer textbooks, legal pads and other everyday needs can be kept in your bag.
• The straps of the bag are very important. See if they’re thick enough so that they don’t dig into your shoulder even if your bag is weighed down with a lot of stuff. Make sure that the straps are properly attached to the bag.
• Make sure the entire bag is sturdy. What a nightmare it would be to have a hole in your bag and lose things. Check the material, and choose a bag that has a flat bottom so that you can set it down without it falling over.
• Consider getting a bag organizer. The dividers and pockets will help keep everything in its place, from your cell phone to all your pens and highlighters.
• Get a bag in your favorite colors, or one that goes well with both your uniform and wash-day outfit. JVC
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on June 06, 2014.