The Sinulog 2014 short film fest is on-A A +A
Friday, January 3, 2014
THE Sinulog Foundation Inc. in cooperation with the Cebu City Government announced its 10th Annual Sinulog Video Documentary & Short Film Competition.
With the recent devastations caused by earthquakes and typhoons in the region, the intentions should now be geared towards how we can inspire as many people as much as we can in standing up and overcoming the challenges of our time.
Whether documenting a particular experience or sharing your story about a particular aspect of life, or presenting one particular facet of the annual Sinulog celebration, artists can present a story of the power of the Holy Child Jesus and the Almighty God, through film or video, people can tell their point of view.
Shout the theme of Cebu’s Sinulog, One Beat, Once Dance, One Vision. Here are the contest details:
• Best Sinulog Short Film and Best Sinulog Video Documentary, two grand prize winners: P30,000 (one for video documentary and one for short film)
• Two second prize winners: P20,000 (one for video docu and one for short film)
• Two third prize winners: P10,000 (one for video docu and one for short film)
• Two Best Poster grand winner: P1,000 (one for video docu and one for short film)
• Two Best Playbill grand winner: P1,000 (one for video docu and one for short film)
• Two Best Packaging grand winner: P1,000 (one for video docu and one for short film)
• Ten consolation prizes: P1,000 each (five for each category)
• Certificates of recognition for special awards: Best Story, Best Director, Best Child Performer, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Sound Engineering and Musical Scoring, Best Editing, Best Screenplay.
Entries should be in DVD format and subtitling is now a must. Deadline of registration is Jan. 17, at 5 p.m. For guidelines and more information, contact: Ron Heri Tan, Chairman, Sinulog 2014 Short Film Festival Committee at (063) 9272589909 or 9435422898 and email at firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com. Or Sinulog Foundation office Ground Floor, Cebu City Sports Center, R. R. Landon St., Cebu City, or call (032) 253-3700, 254-5010, 253-224 Telefax (032) 416-4845, or log on www.sinulog.ph. (PR)
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 04, 2014.