DOJ sets hearing on hazing incident-A A +A
Friday, July 18, 2014
A GROUP of prosecutors will hold a hearing later this month on the complaint filed against 20 people allegedly involved in the fraternity hazing last June 28 that killed a sophomore college student and injured three others.
Assistant State Prosecutor Stewart Allan Mariano, a member of the preliminary investigation panel, said Friday hearings will be conducted on July 31 and August 7 at the Department of Justice's (DOJ) main office in Manila.
He said parties to the complaint for violation of Section 4 of the anti-hazing law had already been served notices to attend the hearing, where the complainants and suspects are expected to file sworn statements to determine if the case will go to court.
The suspects in the death of De La Salle-College of St. Benilde student Guillo Cesar Servando mostly belong to the Tau Gamma Phi fraternity.
As of last week, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said four suspects are already out of the country even before Justice Secretary Leila de Lima ordered immigration officers to closely monitor their movements.
They are Emerson Nathaniel Calupas, Hans Killian Tatlonghari, Eleazar Pablico III, and John Kevin Navoa, who left the Philippines eight days before de Lima issued on July 9 the lookout bulletin order to the BI. (Sunnex)