De Lima: Napoles affidavit still incomplete-A A +A
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
JUSTICE Secretary Leila de Lima may ask the Senate Blue Ribbon committee to extend the May 15 deadline for her to submit the affidavit of Janet Napoles, which contains the names of lawmakers and other government officials linked to the pork barrel scam.
In a chance interview on Tuesday, de Lima said the Napoles camp has yet to complete the businesswoman's testimony that the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) started to gather last month.
"So it really depends. But again, May I just reiterate that I will comply with the subpoena," she said.
De Lima also declined to confirm the revelation of rehabilitation czar Panfilo Lacson on a late night newscast on Monday that Napoles and whistleblower Benhur Luy implicated the following in the scam: Senators Miriam Defensor-Santiago, Francis "Chiz" Escudero, Alan Peter Cayetano and Gregorio Honasan and Budget Secretary and former Batanes Representative Florencio "Butch" Abad.
The Justice chief said it is inappropriate to name names at this point as this may only sow confusion. She repeated her promise not to sanitize the list to spare Malacañang allies.
Meanwhile, Santiago maintained that she had no dealings with Napoles, especially regarding the disbursement of her Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF).
"The Napoles list, if unsigned, has no evidentiary value at all. I repeat, Lacson is an attack dog of Enrile," the senator said.
Lacson is an ally of Senator Juan Ponce Enrile, who was charged with plunder before the Office of the Ombudsman along with Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. for allegedly diverting their PDAF to Napoles' fake foundations in exchange for multi-million peso kickbacks. (Sunnex)