Doctors approve Napoles's discharge-A A +A
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
(UPDATED) DOCTORS of Janet Napoles, the alleged mastermind of Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam, said Tuesday that the businesswoman can be discharged from the Ospital ng Makati (OsMak) anytime.
In a press briefing, Elsie Badillo Pascua and Efren Domingo, both obstetrician-gynecologists, gave Napoles a surgical and gynecological clearance.
Domingo said Napoles is in stable condition and can already walk properly.
He said they asked the authorities, who will decide if Napoles will be brought back to the Fort Sto. Domingo in Laguna, to properly arrange Napoles's checkup schedules.
Domingo said their main concern now is the follow-up checkup that Napoles has to undergo for her continuous recovery.
The businesswoman has the option to extend her stay at the hospital by seeking the blessing of the Makati Regional Trial Court branch 150, which hears her serious illegal detention case.
"Alam naman ni Mrs. Napoles na ang kanyang stay sa hospital was only for a limited duration, depending on her health condition. Ang korte ang nagbigay sa kanya ng ganyang privilege na mapunta siya sa hospital, so ang korte rin ang dapat mag decide dyan kung iko-continue pa 'yung hospital confinement," Justice Secretary Leila de Lima told reporters.
Napoles underwent surgery on April 23 at the OsMak. Doctors removed her uterus, two ovaries, and a mass weighing 650 grams.
Napoles has been detained in Laguna since September last year due to the serious illegal detention case filed against her by pork barrel scam whistleblower Benhur Luy. (Sunnex)