Policeman held for 2011 Makati bus bombing-A A +A
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
A POLICEMAN was arrested Tuesday for allegedly bombing a passenger bus in Makati City in January 2011, leaving five people dead and 16 others injured, said a report from the Philippine National Police (PNP).
PNP spokesman Chief Superintendent Generoso Cerbo said Police Officer 2 Arnold Mayo, previously assigned with the PNP’s Special Action Force, was placed under arrest by virtue of a warrant issued by a court.
He said Mayo surrendered to the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-National Capital Region and would be presented before the court.
Cerbo said Mayo is also under investigation in connection with the accidental explosion in Taguig in January last year that left two policemen and two civilians dead. (VR/Sunnex)