Magdalo member denies hand in fake documents vs Montilla-A A +A
Monday, July 14, 2014
A CIVILIAN member of Samahan ng Magdalo from Sipalay City, Negros Occidental denied on Sunday that he is responsible for the distribution and circulation of fake documents about the supposed plunder case against Mayor Oscar Montilla.
Rodolfo Divinagracia said in a radio interview said that he is busy with his job in Manila.
Sipalay City Legal Officer Elmer Balbin had earlier claimed that the documents allegedly from the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas distributed to media outlets last July 9, about an order directing Montilla to submit his counter-affidavit for plunder is fake.
Balbin said the alleged plunder case against Montilla filed several years back by Divinagracia was not acted upon by the Ombudsman.
He admitted that his office received documents from the Office of the Ombudsman but it was different from the one circulated in the media.
He said the documents received by his office bore the number “OMB-V-C-14-0120” with the attached Page 2 consisting of the affidavit of Theodore Banderado, graft investigation and prosecution officer I of the Office of the Ombudsman Visayas Regional Office.
The one distributed to the media with the same complaint number “OBM-V-C-14-0120” has an attached Page 2 which is supposedly a letter from the Office of the Ombudsman addressed to Leodegario G. Gonzales III, president, Magdalo sa Pagbabago, stating that the fact-finding investigation on the captioned case (Rodolfo Divinagracia vs Oscar Montilla) has been completed with the approval of a Final Evaluation Report (FER) dated February 25, 2014.
Balbin said the act of attaching separate documents to the Ombudsman order is aimed to project that the mayor is facing a plunder case which is not true.
He added that they received the order Wednesday afternoon and they will answer it although the said order of the Ombudsman has already been complied with.
The Ombudsman order is in connection with the suspension of several Sipalay City officials, who Divinagracia claimed were not implemented, but Balbin said Montilla has already implemented the suspension of the four city department heads on January 2012 to March 2012 and already submitted a compliance to the Ombudsman.
Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on July 14, 2014.