Fire bureau: Short circuit cause of gym fire

-A A +A

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ELECTRICAL short circuit caused the fire at the college gymnasium of Colegio San Agustin at B.S. Aquino Drive, Bacolod City on Monday afternoon, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) said.

City fire marshal Bartolome Beliran said the investigation conducted by Fire Officer 3 Cornelio Silva showed that the fire has started at the north western portion of the gymnasium, where varsity players were staying.

He said the damage reached to P1.5-million worth of properties.


The BFP received a call around 5:45 p.m informing them that the CSA-Bacolod gymnasium was on fire.

Beliran said the blaze was put out around 6:33 p.m. The fire had reached second alarm status, he added.

No one was reported injured, he said.

The BFP chief reminded the public to always check their electrical connections, and if an appliance is smoking or has unusual smell, they should unplug and repair it immediately. (MAP)

Published in the Sun.Star Bacolod newspaper on April 09, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
  • Festivals
  • Obituary
  • Sinulog
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Papal Visit
  • Pacman blog
  • Philippine Polls
  • Calamity Report
  • ePaper
  • goodearth
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Pnoy
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Habemus Papam